home . catalog . my account . reference and research . kids zone . teen zone . about us . contact us
______________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Love Your Library


For Valentine's Day we invited teens to tell us why they lurve the Marion Public Library and this is what you said:

This is why I love my library . . .

"because I can check myspace since I don't have a computer in my house"

"it has a bunch of good books and movies that I pick out"

"because I can get free movies and the librarian is very nice" (I'm going to pretend the librarian this teen is talking about is me :) )

"because they are always helpful"

"I can find any book - novel, mystery, how-to, biography - and if I can't find it there is Inter Library Loans . . . What's not to love?"

"there are so many books!!! Awesome inspirational section"

"because it's cool" (simple and to the point this teen is)

"I love to read"

"I love to get on the computer - It is fun to come here and hang out with friends. and I learn a lot of things when I read books here"

"because there's always something to read and a quiet place to work, study and on Tuesdays there's the Teen CoffeeHouse that give us teens something to do when school work piles up. That's why I love my library." (Yeah - someone mentioned Teen CoffeeHouse, Tuesdays 3:30-5:00 PM when there is school so come hang with me)

"the staff is really nice and is always willing to help"

"because it has my favorite books"

"I love that there's so much to do: there's fun contests, there's lots of books to choose from & I can study there too! I also love how the librarians are so friendly."

"I can always come here for whatever I need. It is a great place to have in the community and also is wonderful because of the fact that it keeps the community united." (I don't know who this teen is, but wow!!)

So there you have it, teens everywhere agree - Marion Public Library rocks!!!!!

No comments: