home . catalog . my account . reference and research . kids zone . teen zone . about us . contact us
______________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, June 22, 2009

What Does the Library Mean to You?


Have you been to one of our after school Teen CoffeeHouses? Have you visited the library for help completing a school assignment? Do you visit the library to get online - whether it be to use MySpace, to do online schooling, to keep up to date with the latest news (come on - you know you are looking at your favorite celebs blog or twitter?) or any of the other millions of things you can do online? The library has lots to offer - and our teen services program really rocks (if I do say so myself - and I am totally not biased in any way :) ) But the truth is, it has been awesome sharing the fun of the Harry Potter and Twilight saga, giving aways tons of free prizes, and getting together to play Guitar Hero and Rock Band. So tell the adults in your life what the Marion Public Library means to you, and ask them to contact the Governor and local representative. And hey, even though you can't vote, let them (you know, the Governor) know what the library means to you, to your personal life and education. Together we can help SAVE OHIO LIBRARIES.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its a place to go hang out with my friends.

Anonymous said...

it means a lot because i don't have internet at my houde so this is the only way i can get internet

Makayla, 12 said...

The Marion Public Library is an awesome place with cool books and I love to go there :)

Anthony, 16 said...

Hey my name is Anthony and I'm sixteen years old, I've been coming to the library for many years now and I have made it a regular spot for me. I love it here, especially the Coffee House on Tuesdays. It's a great place for kids to hang out and get to know eachother and make new friends, and in the process read a good book. Also, Karen Rocks :D

Tori said...

the library means a lot to me i use it every day to take care of school work and personal business (myspace,myyearbook,and facebook) if not for the library i would have nowhere to get the books i read every day....:)