home . catalog . my account . reference and research . kids zone . teen zone . about us . contact us
______________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Teens Take on Twilight in TSRC


I've been going through the reading ballots for the Teen Summer Reading Club, and a lot of you read the Twilight series. Here's what you had to say . . .

Twilight
"Vampires are awesome! TEAM EDWARD"
"Not your typical vampire book. :) an excellent read - BETTER than the movie 10 fold."
"It starts one of my fav. series"
"Best book ever!"
"Excellent book, I really enjoyed it."

And one naysayer says, "Well I'm not sure I appreciate all the screaming teen girl fanatics. The original story is good. Bella makes Washington seem cool :)" Aulbri, grade 10 (Wait 'til you hear Aulbri's take on Breaking Dawn)

New Moon
"A really good book and sequel"
"My favorite of the Twilight series. It's absolutely depressing in an exciting way. I love that werewolves are introduced into the series (there's kind of a foreshadowing of this in Twilight when Bella was talking to Jacob on the beach). I respect this book more than the others." Yes, it's Aulbri again.

Eclipse
"I love it"
"Loved the book"
"I like the Twilight series . . . until book 3. This is just a filler book to me and it's not as romantic as the 1st two. The only interesting part of this book is the vampires vs. werewolves conflicts." From my hero, Aulbri

Breaking Dawn
"Great ending to the Twilight saga"
"Another amazing book by Steph. The Twilight series rocks!"
And my favorite review ever, from my new BFF Aulbri - "What is this crap? The birth part was the only good part. Ew this book is terrible. Breaking Dawn completely destroyed the Twilight series. She's writing as if she is running out of time from her publishers. What's worse is everyone loves this one the best."

So there you go, some mixed reviews on the Twilight saga (you go Aulbri). Next post: Just Fanging Around with Vampire Fiction, your thoughts on other vampire fiction that you read during this year's Teen Summer Reading Club.

No comments: