home . catalog . my account . reference and research . kids zone . teen zone . about us . contact us
______________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Flights of Fantasy (and Science Fiction)


And now on to our continuing saga . . . vampire books are not the only thing you read this summer. Science Fiction and Fantasy (two of my personal favorites) were abundantly reviewed by you. Here's what you read and what you had to say about it.

Pretties by Scott Westerfeld
"I love the futuristic setting and the mysterious plans and schemes" - Kayla, 9th grade

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld*
"At first it seems boring but the the time I got to the second chapter I was hanging on to every word." - Kayla, 9th grade

*If you want to read a really good vampire book, read Peeps by Scott Westerfeld.

Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
"It had a whole bunch of mysteries and twist in the plot, I could barely put it down!" - Amy, 8th grade

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (one of the all time best ever in my opinion)
"An excellent book full of metaphors, ironies and interesting eerie predictions of the future" - Nick, grade 12

Maximum Ride series by James Patterson
"Great book, action packed" - Cheyenne, 10th grade
"It was really good" - Amy, grade 8 on School's Out Forever
"I love this series, and a lot of other people must too because I had to wait forever to get this book!" - Amy, grade 8 (sorry about your wait Amy).

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
"A good romance story for anyone." - Kimberly, grade 9 (Twilight fans will probably like this one).

Evernight by Claudia Gray
"A girl goes to Evernight Academy and meets Lucas who turns out to be a vampire hunter. They become separated but their love is strong." - Abbey, grade 8
"This book is one of my favorite." - Abbey, grade 8

Evermore by Alyson Noel
"Great. I am speechless." - Brittany, grade 11
"This book is one of my favorites." - Abbey, grade 8

No comments: