home . catalog . my account . reference and research . kids zone . teen zone . about us . contact us
______________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Flights of Fantasy (and Science Fiction), Part II


Wow - I am so proud of you guys. You read a lot. So here's even more Science Fiction and Fantasy reviews by you . . .
Dead Girl Dancing by Linda Joy Singleton
"Almost all the books I've read this summer have been by this author." - Abbey, 8th grade
"The seer series is a really great series it sucks you in and you can't stop." - Abbey, 8th grade
The Giver by Lois Lowry
"I loved this book. I was horrified at the society of the future so beautifully described. Could life really become this way?" - Aulbri, grade 10
Gilda Joyce - The Dead Drop by Jennifer Allison
"The mystery was great! I love those series too!" - Hannah, grade 7
Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke (this is the sequel to Inkheart)
"I loved the book. It was amazing but I absolutely hated the ending." - Allison, grade 8
The Hollow Kingdom by Clare B. Dunkle
"Absolutely amazing" - Allison, grade 8
The Faire Path by Frewin Jones
"Can't wait to read the next!" - Jennifer, grade 8
The Wish List by Eoin Colfer
"The book is amazing" - Allison, grade 8
Tithe by Holly Black
"Love faeires. This book was awesome." - Megan, grade 9
A Swiftly Tilting Planet by Madeleine L'Engle (part of the Time Quartet series)
"I loved it! It was really interesting." - Amy, grade 8
The Ruins of Gorlan by John Flannagan (part of the Ranger's Apprentice series)
"Amazing, can't wait for the next book." - Allison, grade 8
The Last Apprentice: Revenge of the Witch by Joseph Delaney
"This is now my favorite author." - Eric, 6th grade
Fairest by Gail Carson Levine
"Absolutely amazing" - Allison, 8th grade
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
"This book made me want the second book in the series as soon as I finished it." - Kierra, 8th grade
Eighth Grade Bites by Heather Brewer
"What an awesome book! I love her take on vampires! This is the most entertaining book I've read in a long time. I absolutely love this." - Aulbri, 10th grade
Next time, all the other books.

No comments: